This Forum is ARCHIVE only
For LightSwitch questions,
please use the official forums at:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/lightswitch/threads

Web Deployment Task Failed
Last Post 23 Sep 2012 07:57 AM by sdeliasr. 2 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

--
01 Aug 2012 05:00 AM

When trying to publish my LS app, I get the following error message:

"Error 1 Web deployment task failed.((8/1/2012 10:10:39 AM) An error occurred when the request was processed on the remote computer.)

(8/1/2012 10:10:39 AM) An error occurred when the request was processed on the remote computer.
    The entry type 'Unknown' was not expected at this time. The serialization stream may be corrupted. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\LightSwitch\v1.0\Microsoft.LightSwitch.targets 964 10 LCO_Loaners
    "

One article I found says I need to add .NET 4.0 to my Application pool, but the instructions I found don't allow me to add it, and it looks like that framework is installed.

--
    22 Sep 2012 11:46 PM
    I am having the same problem - using LightSwitch/VS 2012 , Windows Server 2008 & Sql Server 2008 R2
    My data already exists in a SS database. 

What is your environment, Rocky?

I have seen posts saying to uncheck the checkbox for "IIS Server has the LightSwitch Deployment Prerequisites installed".

When I do that the publish task succeeds but when I navigate to the site i get a 404. 

If I go to IIS on the server, and right click the web app that gets created, I get an IIS Manager error :
      Could not load file or assembly "Microsoft.Web.Deployment", Version 8.0.0.0 ...

I think I have all the prereqs loaded via Web Platform Installer - but it's hard to know what's correct.

This seems like typical Microsoft - they design a whole new feature-packed Ferrari, and leave out the valve stems in the tires.

- Steve

--
    23 Sep 2012 07:57 AM
    BTW, my gut feel is that something got left out in the Lightswitch 2012 release, most likely on the Web Deployment portion.

I can create an app and run it locally without a problem.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Microsoft Visual Studio is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation / LightSwitch is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation