Register   |  Login

Forum Notice

This Forum is ARCHIVE only
For LightSwitch questions,
please use the official forums at:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/lightswitch/threads

Forums

Need to filter database content for user on login
Last Post 21 May 2012 05:10 AM by admin. 1 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

--
21 May 2012 04:51 AM

Hello, 

Basically.. I am wanting a way to:

When a user logs in, automatically his company (a field in the database) is found and only people from the same company are shown to that user.

Example of what i am looking for.. "if a users companyID is 'Wizards', i want data on the database to be filtered automatically so that he can only see people with a companyID =="

Please any help with this would be much appreciated. Also please not i am doing this using C# and Forms Authentication.

Thanks
    Oli  

--
    21 May 2012 05:10 AM
    -----------
    Michael Washington
    http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Latest Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch Forum Threads That Have Answers

I have a application manage customers, orders and products. I want to create a report these data on day, one month and one year. How can I implement create reports in LightSwitch application?
    Read more...

Listing in Lambda
    8/25/2015 6:41 AM
    I am listing ages of vehicle, but its displayed in one row here is my code: partial void Reports_InitializeDataWorkspace(List<IDataService> saveChangesTo){List<DateTime> yom = new List<DateTime>();string result = string.Empty; var provider = System.Globalization.CultureInfo.InvariantCulture;yom = InsuranceQuotations .Select(x => x.mYear ?? DateTime.ParseExact("00/00/0000", "MM/dd/yyyy", provider)) .ToList();DateTime today = DateTime.Today;yom.ForEach(x => {                result += today.Year - x.Year + ", ";            });AgeOfVehicles = Convert.ToString(result); }        How can i list as: "1970, 45" "1994, 21" "1978, 37" etc.
    Read more...

Hi Please assist and thanks in advance. Looking at https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/jj131261.aspx, I have followed this pattern many many times, but since my failed attempt at upgrading to VS 2015 and re-installing VS 2013, I now find that I don't even get to the wizard (see the 1st screen-shot showing the error). It appears that I have VS 2013 V4 Installed (see the 2nd screen-shot) but when I try to download the Azure SDK for VS 2013 (see 2rd screen-shot) I get an error that I don't have VS 2013 V4?? I must be missing something. Please assist and many thanks, Mark. Mark
    Read more...

Hello, I have a very simple problem. I would like to stop the Save operation at Screen Level, if related records are missing from another table. Below the way I implemented, but it always saves, maybe because the operation is async. myapp.AddEditAnagrafica.beforeApplyChanges = function (screen) {     if (screen.Name.NameID != null) {                          myapp.activeDataWorkspace.MIJData.NameEmployeesForName(screen.Name.NameID).execute().then(function (results) {             if (results.results.length > 0) {                 return true;             } else {                 alert("No Employee cannot save");                 return false;             };  
    Read more...

Hi all! How can I change label font size in html client? If I select font size "small" and align label to the left, label font size is still smaller then displayed information in specific control.. Currently I'm adding extra property to the screen (ie. "textprop") and then I'm grouping them in columns layout without label, then I'm changing inner html of "textprop" to label displayed text to have consistency in size.. I'm sure there should be easier way.. I have tried to manipulate in post render method of a property but it doesn't change label size (or I'm doing it wrong).. Tnx in advance! Kivito Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! (M.P.F.C.)
    Read more...

Microsoft Visual Studio is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation / LightSwitch is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation