Register   |  Login

Forum Notice

This Forum is ARCHIVE only
For LightSwitch questions,
please use the official forums at:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/lightswitch/threads

Forums

Need to filter database content for user on login
Last Post 21 May 2012 05:10 AM by admin. 1 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

--
21 May 2012 04:51 AM

Hello, 

Basically.. I am wanting a way to:

When a user logs in, automatically his company (a field in the database) is found and only people from the same company are shown to that user.

Example of what i am looking for.. "if a users companyID is 'Wizards', i want data on the database to be filtered automatically so that he can only see people with a companyID =="

Please any help with this would be much appreciated. Also please not i am doing this using C# and Forms Authentication.

Thanks
    Oli  

--
    21 May 2012 05:10 AM
    -----------
    Michael Washington
    http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Latest Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch Forum Threads That Have Answers

Hi, I'm novice to lightswitch app development and couldn't find complete reference APIs for Lightswitch application development. while searching for an API I have found HTML Client reference API (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn720458.aspx) for Lightswitch and  ServerApplicationContext API (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn781266.aspx). Now I want to know is there any descriptive and well informed API(s) for lightswitch application development or above mentioned APIs are the only references exist for basic lightswitch application development?. If there are APIs what are they? I would be much thankful anyone who can give me a comprehensive answer. Thank you.!
    Read more...

I would like to write a method where I can pass a LightSwitch entity name as a parameter, so I can call this method for many different tables/views.  My question is: Is there a way to substitute the entity name ("TableName" in the example below) with a variable? DataWorkspace dw = new DataWorkspace(); var allRecords = (from x in dw.ApplicationData.TableName.GetQuery().Execute() where x.ClientId == clientId select x); I am writing code to export tables/views to CSV files and I don't want to have to create a different method for each entity. Thanks, Mark                                         Read more...

I have 3 tables, Employee table, Activities table and a Total table. Both the Activities and Totals are linked to the Employee table.  On the screen the user sees a list of the employees that they can select to do a mass update of the same Activity to the selected Employees.   I have no problem adding the Activity to each selected employee.  My problem is being able to read the Total table for the selected employee.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

//  This will post the activity to each selected employee and update totals record ********************

myapp.BrowseEmployees.PostActivities_execute = functionRead more...

Hi all, I have created a survey where layout is as follows:  Main screen shows live, active list of customers, when you click on a customer tile you go to a view customer screen where a survey can be added.  Within the survey, I have a follow-up needed field (Boolean).  When the follow-up needed is selected yes, I want the customer tile on the main screen to change color as a visual indicator of which customer needs follow-up.  Can anyone provide assistance? Thanks, KL 
    Read more...

Hi Everyone, I have been searching quite a bit but came up empty, I am looking to implement the Pixata Toast in my Lightswitch desktop app written in VB.net. Basically I need a notification pop up when a new record is inserted into one of my tables. I had a look at SignalR, but cant find any tutorials for VB.net and the desktop client. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance
    Read more...

Microsoft Visual Studio is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation / LightSwitch is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation