Register   |  Login

Forum Notice

This Forum is ARCHIVE only
For LightSwitch questions,
please use the official forums at:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/lightswitch/threads

Forums

Need to filter database content for user on login
Last Post 21 May 2012 05:10 AM by admin. 1 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

--
21 May 2012 04:51 AM

Hello, 

Basically.. I am wanting a way to:

When a user logs in, automatically his company (a field in the database) is found and only people from the same company are shown to that user.

Example of what i am looking for.. "if a users companyID is 'Wizards', i want data on the database to be filtered automatically so that he can only see people with a companyID =="

Please any help with this would be much appreciated. Also please not i am doing this using C# and Forms Authentication.

Thanks
    Oli  

--
    21 May 2012 05:10 AM
    -----------
    Michael Washington
    http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Latest Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch Forum Threads That Have Answers

Hi all, I've been looking at the code Yann updated Improved Modal Window Helper Class (based on Sheel's Article "Creating a Custom Add Or Edit Dialog") Now, as I'm very much new to C# I'm trying to work out how to get this working in my C# SL client. I've added the Helper code into the "Application Code" for the SL client as described in the original article from Sheel. I have a Search Products screen where I have defined a Modal Window (AddProdDialog) but then I grind to a halt. I've found some similar posts but they have been in VB and trying to convert the code was not successful. Any assistance welcome :) Cheers, Adam
    Read more...

VS 2015 Update 3 - Windows 10
    8/14/2016 4:02 AM
    Does anyone has problems with with above configuration where Visual studio won't start IE when I hit F5 from Lightswitch HTML Client project? VS started the project but I have to right click on IIS Express icon and then open list of sites and then open link from there to popup IE and open LS home screen. That is not so big problem, but the problem is to debug. Breakpoint won't hit this way. Anyone can help? Thanks!
    Read more...

SL Client - Blank Screen
    8/9/2016 10:38 PM
    Hi guys, Apologies for the simple question. I have searched and after numerous hits, didn't find a thread that matched. I have a 3-tier LS application deployed to Azure. The SL client is configured for out of browser, and works on one machine, but on two others it's a blank (white) window that doesn't proceed to the logon screen (Forms Auth). If I switch back to a browser based SL application it works fine. Any suggestions on how I track this down? Thanks in advance. Cheers, Adam
    Read more...

sum(A + B)
    8/5/2016 5:36 AM
    Hi How do I calculate 2 Fields in an LS 2015 HTML screen in view/add modus (only 1 recordset)? I found this but it does not work with additions (+) but it works with multiplication (*) what is the right code for addition/sum? myapp.AddEditOrder.TotalAmount_postRender = function (element, contentItem) { // A simple function that calculates // the sum of two values. function updateTotalAmount() { contentItem.screen.TotalAmount = contentItem.screen.Order.Amount + contentItem.screen.Order.Taxes; } // force the entity to be updated contentItem.dataBind("screen.Order.Amount", updateTotalAmount); contentItem.dataBind("screen.Order.Taxes", updateTotalAmount); };thanks for your helpmarcel
    Read more...

Regarding Bing Map
    8/4/2016 7:12 PM
    I have seen samples how to use manipulate Bing Maps. My question is, is it possible to use this app from the country where i am from(Philippines).
    Read more...

Microsoft Visual Studio is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation / LightSwitch is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation