Register   |  Login

Forum Notice

This Forum is ARCHIVE only
For LightSwitch questions,
please use the official forums at:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/lightswitch/threads

Forums

Need to filter database content for user on login
Last Post 21 May 2012 05:10 AM by admin. 1 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

--
21 May 2012 04:51 AM

Hello, 

Basically.. I am wanting a way to:

When a user logs in, automatically his company (a field in the database) is found and only people from the same company are shown to that user.

Example of what i am looking for.. "if a users companyID is 'Wizards', i want data on the database to be filtered automatically so that he can only see people with a companyID =="

Please any help with this would be much appreciated. Also please not i am doing this using C# and Forms Authentication.

Thanks
    Oli  

--
    21 May 2012 05:10 AM
    -----------
    Michael Washington
    http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Latest Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch Forum Threads That Have Answers

Lightswitch with SQL 2014
    9/19/2014 4:18 AM
    Hi, I would like to know if Lightswitch is compatible with SQL 2014? I have a project that I made chnages to and wanted to use SQL 2014, but I keep getting this error when publishing: Error 1 An exception occurred when building the database for the application. Could not deploy package. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\LightSwitch\v4.5\Microsoft.LightSwitch.targets 160 10 Application2 I did point my Visual Studio 2013 to use a localdb of SQL 2014. If I use a SQL 2012 Localdb, debug runs fine, but I cannot publish to the SQL 2014 (same error) I need to update the database currently on 2012 to 2014. Thank You in advance
    Read more...

Basically I have added overflow hidden to all elements from the tiles <li> down to the <span> that contains the text. I did this in the Chrome Dev tools to find the element which I needed to adjust the postRender for. However none of them seem to affect the flow.  Please help. Regards, Christopher Maduro
    Read more...

hide two field
    9/18/2014 3:49 AM
    I develop a lightswitch, and I want to hide two data table fields in add and edit new screen , how can i do so, do i need some java script to do so....
    Read more...

Hi, Just made the upgrade to IOS8 and the image-uploader is not render the image in preview window anymore. Can anyone else try and see what happens? Regards Sven Sven Elm
    Read more...

Ho do I get the app to wait for myapp.applyChanges(); to finish before it calls the function? myapp.OrderDetails.SaveOrder_execute = function (screen) { myapp.applyChanges(); Function something() { // Do something }; };
    Read more...

Microsoft Visual Studio is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation / LightSwitch is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation