Register   |  Login

Forum Notice

This Forum is ARCHIVE only
For LightSwitch questions,
please use the official forums at:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/lightswitch/threads

Forums

Need to filter database content for user on login
Last Post 21 May 2012 06:10 AM by admin. 1 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

--
21 May 2012 05:51 AM

Hello, 

Basically.. I am wanting a way to:

When a user logs in, automatically his company (a field in the database) is found and only people from the same company are shown to that user.

Example of what i am looking for.. "if a users companyID is 'Wizards', i want data on the database to be filtered automatically so that he can only see people with a companyID =="

Please any help with this would be much appreciated. Also please not i am doing this using C# and Forms Authentication.

Thanks
    Oli  

--
    21 May 2012 06:10 AM
    -----------
    Michael Washington
    http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Latest Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch Forum Threads That Have Answers

All, I have a LightSwitch project that successfully published to Azure at least 30 times. I am getting a publish error. (I've already done Dave's bankruptcy process.) Unfortunately, this is the 2nd time I've received this error. The first time was after installing vs2013 Update 3. That time, I resolved the matter by uninstalling update 3. This time, I need something in Update 4 which I've just installed but unfortunately, I am getting the following error when publishing to Azure: ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Error 1 The "CSPack" task was not found. Check the following: 1.) The name of the task in the project file is the same as the name of the task class. 2.) The task class is "public" and implements the Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask interface. 3.) The task is correctly declared with <UsingTask> in the project file, or in the *.tasks files located in the "C:\Program Files
    Read more...

HTML Client Add Record to Table
    11/23/2014 8:11 AM
    I have a quotes table and a quotes screen to view details about that quote.  I have a button that on execute would add a record to another table.  Call it QuoteEmailed. I have been looking at this site: http://lightswitchhelpwebsite.com/Blog/tabid/61/EntryId/1195/Dynamically-Creating-Records-In-The-LightSwitch-HTML-Client.aspx as well as this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj635144.aspx but have been unable to get the record to be added into the QuoteEmailed table. My code is so far is this but no errors but also no data entered into my SQL Azure datatable: myapp.ViewQuote.EmailQuote_execute = function (screen) { // Write code here. var newQuoteEmail = new myapp.sp_QuoteEmailInsert(); newQuoteEmail.QuoteID = screen.Quote.QuoteID; newQuoteEmail.RequestedDate = "Now"; alert(screen.Quote.QuoteID); return myapp.activeDataWorkspace.ApplicationData.saveChanges; alert(screen.Quote.QuoteID); }; The above was with
    Read more...

We have a fairly dated Lightswitch application that we want to add an additional screen with data from a table that was recently added so we need to add that table to the Lightswitch data configuration (via right-clicking on the data source in the Solution Explorer, and selecting "Update Datasource").  However, the table that we recently added doesn't show up to be selected (ie, checkbox), but we do see the new table when we expand the database in the Data Connections in the Server Explorer (which we can also view rows from that table).  Any idea what we need to do to be able to get that new table into the Lightswitch datasource/data objects?
    Read more...

Dear All, I created an application which collect data from our Database and provide it for the user. My question is, is there is a way that I can see how many users have used my app. I just want to see for example who logged in today in my application. If this possible, would you please provide me with some details how to use it. I can imagine that this can be done, but how ? my C# skills are lets say 6 month old :) I am using Light switch 2010 with C# code: Thansk a lot, Zayed
    Read more...

Hi Everyone, The question in the title is very clear, in other way I want to hide the "Days" field in the Date picker because in my tables I only need months and years. Thank you
    Read more...

Microsoft Visual Studio is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation / LightSwitch is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation