Register   |  Login

Forum Notice

This Forum is ARCHIVE only
For LightSwitch questions,
please use the official forums at:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/lightswitch/threads

Forums

Lightswitch 2 tier Application setup Cannot Start Application
Last Post 01 May 2012 07:39 PM by Goodboy777. 4 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

--
01 May 2012 06:09 PM
    Guys i need help I'm noobie in developing  VS Lightswitch 2011. My lightswitch  2 tier application setup.exe cant start application. Application validation did not succeed. unabled to continue.

please help me.
    Thanks

Error
    Here the details 

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
    Windows : 6.1.7601.65536 (Win32NT)
    Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.17379
    System.Deployment.dll : 4.0.30319.17379 built by: FXBETAREL
    clr.dll : 4.0.30319.17379 built by: FXBETAREL
    dfdll.dll : 4.0.30319.17379 built by: FXBETAREL
    dfshim.dll : 4.0.41031.0 (Main.041031-0000)

SOURCES
    Deployment url : file:///C:/Users/desktop/Desktop/PMICMS/PMICMS/Publish/PMICMS.application
    Application url : file:///C:/Users/desktop/Desktop/PMICMS/PMICMS/Publish/Application%20Files/PMICMS.exe.manifest

IDENTITIES
    Deployment Identity : PMICMS.application, Version=1.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0000000000000000, processorArchitecture=x86

APPLICATION SUMMARY
    * Installable application.

ERROR SUMMARY
    Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
    * Activation of C:\Users\desktop\Desktop\PMICMS\PMICMS\Publish\PMICMS.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
    + Application manifest has either a different computed hash than the one specified or no hash specified at all. 
    + File, PMICMS.exe.manifest, has a different computed hash than specified in manifest.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
    No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
    * The manifest for this application does not have a signature. Signature validation will be ignored.
    * The manifest for this application does not have a signature. Signature validation will be ignored.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
    * [5/2/2012 9:54:41 AM] : Activation of C:\Users\desktop\Desktop\PMICMS\PMICMS\Publish\PMICMS.application has started.
    * [5/2/2012 9:54:41 AM] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
    * [5/2/2012 9:54:41 AM] : Installation of the application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
    Following errors were detected during this operation.
    * [5/2/2012 9:54:41 AM] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (HashValidation)
    - Application manifest has either a different computed hash than the one specified or no hash specified at all. 
    - Source: System.Deployment
    - Stack trace:
    at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadApplicationManifest(AssemblyManifest deploymentManifest, String targetDir, Uri deploymentUri, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, Uri& appSourceUri, String& appManifestPath)
    at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadApplicationManifest(AssemblyManifest deploymentManifest, String targetDir, Uri deploymentUri, Uri& appSourceUri, String& appManifestPath)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
    --- Inner Exception ---
    System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (HashValidation)
    - File, PMICMS.exe.manifest, has a different computed hash than specified in manifest.
    - Source: System.Deployment
    - Stack trace:
    at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentVerifier.VerifyFileHash(String filePath, Hash hash)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentVerifier.VerifyFileHash(String filePath, HashCollection hashCollection)
    at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadApplicationManifest(AssemblyManifest deploymentManifest, String targetDir, Uri deploymentUri, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, Uri& appSourceUri, String& appManifestPath)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
    No transaction information is available.

--
    01 May 2012 07:19 PM
    I would re-install Visual Studio.
    -----------
    Michael Washington
    http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com

--
    01 May 2012 07:27 PM
    Sir Michael

I will Re- Install Ligthswitch 2011?

--
    01 May 2012 07:32 PM
    Yes, that is the only thing I can think of.
    -----------
    Michael Washington
    http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com

--
    01 May 2012 07:39 PM
    Thank you Sir. Michael ..

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Latest Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch Forum Threads That Have Answers

I have been looking over forums and documentation, but I still can't seem to get it to work. I have a entity called "Party." It has multiple 1 to 0..1 relationships, such as "Carrier", "Producer", "Brokerage", "Insured", "Beneficiary". The reason why is that a "Party" can be multiple things. I can be a producer, an insured, and a beneficiary all at once. Or I can just be an insured. The Party table grabs general information on a party and each of the 0..1 relationships further define that party.  Anyways... I want to be able to create a party, and then create any child records associated with it. Maybe just a carrier. Maybe a insured and a beneficiary. I get the use of a button to create the dependent record. But for some reason, it is just not working. partialvoidAddCarrier_Execute() { this.PartyProperty.Carrier = new Read more...

greetings all - I've seen many posts that "SHOULD" answer my question - but i can not seem to get this to work...help please. I have a "master screen" that has a button, "Show Select Worksheet" and collection, "ScoreCard1MockupEntries"... When that button is taped, a new view is  launched as a dialog... myapp.ViewMockups.ShowSelectWorkSheet_execute = function (screen) { // Write code here. myapp.showSelectWorksheet(null, { afterClosed: function () { screen.ScoreCard1MockupEntries.load(); } }); }; The view has a button that kicks of a long running process, server side, via web api commanding... myapp.SelectWorksheet.ImportWorksheet_execute = function (screen) { // Write code here. var paramWorksheetName = screen.WorksheetNames.selectedItem.Name; //// disable button after initial click... screen.findContentItem("ImportWorksheet").isEnabled = false;
    Read more...

I'll see if I can explain this... We have an app with a Supervisor/Employee parent-child relationship.   The way it's set up is we have an Employee table with a [0..1] relationship on the same Employee table, representing the possible supervisor an employee might have.   On the Add/Edit Employee screen I can drag the Supervisor field from the visual collection onto the display and I'll get a modal picker that allows me to choose a supervisor for that employee.  That works fine as far as functionality is concerned; I can pick any employee and assign them as the supervisor for the current employee I'm editing or adding. However, nothing prevents someone picking an employee as that same employee's supervisor.  What I'd really like is to have the modal picker show all employees *except* the one I'm currently editing.  How might I do this?
    Read more...

Dear All, Iam new to C#, I almost worked for 2 month with C#. I need a help with the follwoing code. public partial class Part_2_CustomerItemDetail { partial void PDF_Execute() { vw_CustLedgerEntryItem1 entryItem = this.vw_CustLedgerEntry.SelectedItem; InvGetPDF2RequestBody reqBody = new InvGetPDF2RequestBody( entryItem.Document_No_ , Int16.Parse(entryItem.Report_Type) , "DynNavHRS" , @"\\p-nav-as-1\NavUserTemp\tma04" , false , false , "DE" , false , "" , "" , entryItem.Company , 1 , false); InvGetPDF2Request req = new InvGetPDF2Request(reqBody); HRSReportServiceSoapClient wsHRS = new HRSReportServiceSoapClient(); wsHRS.InvGetPDF2Completed += new
    Read more...

Good morning everyone, Background So before, I used to have a SBS 2011 server which died. I only really used it for Exchange so signed up for an Office 365 Business account and retired the old server. I decided to take the opportunity to reinstall my laptop and dev machine to take advantage of Win 8.1 update 1 at this time. What now? Since the reinstall on both machines my LS projects (all out of browser) just stop at a blank screen. I'm guessing that it's something to do with the extensions I use but I know I'm using the right DevExpress install as my subscription expired and obviously haven't downloaded an new version since. I'm not sure about my C1 so downloaded the latest install and installed that presuming things would be ok. However, as mentioned, things aren't ok. All my previous LS projects build ok but load to a blank screen. Can anyone give an debugging / solutions to what to do? Thanks for reading. Paul.
    Read more...

Microsoft Visual Studio is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation / LightSwitch is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation