Register   |  Login

Forum Notice

This Forum is ARCHIVE only
For LightSwitch questions,
please use the official forums at:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/lightswitch/threads

Forums

Lightswitch 2 tier Application setup Cannot Start Application
Last Post 01 May 2012 07:39 PM by Goodboy777. 4 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

--
01 May 2012 06:09 PM
    Guys i need help I'm noobie in developing  VS Lightswitch 2011. My lightswitch  2 tier application setup.exe cant start application. Application validation did not succeed. unabled to continue.

please help me.
    Thanks

Error
    Here the details 

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
    Windows : 6.1.7601.65536 (Win32NT)
    Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.17379
    System.Deployment.dll : 4.0.30319.17379 built by: FXBETAREL
    clr.dll : 4.0.30319.17379 built by: FXBETAREL
    dfdll.dll : 4.0.30319.17379 built by: FXBETAREL
    dfshim.dll : 4.0.41031.0 (Main.041031-0000)

SOURCES
    Deployment url : file:///C:/Users/desktop/Desktop/PMICMS/PMICMS/Publish/PMICMS.application
    Application url : file:///C:/Users/desktop/Desktop/PMICMS/PMICMS/Publish/Application%20Files/PMICMS.exe.manifest

IDENTITIES
    Deployment Identity : PMICMS.application, Version=1.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0000000000000000, processorArchitecture=x86

APPLICATION SUMMARY
    * Installable application.

ERROR SUMMARY
    Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
    * Activation of C:\Users\desktop\Desktop\PMICMS\PMICMS\Publish\PMICMS.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
    + Application manifest has either a different computed hash than the one specified or no hash specified at all. 
    + File, PMICMS.exe.manifest, has a different computed hash than specified in manifest.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
    No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
    * The manifest for this application does not have a signature. Signature validation will be ignored.
    * The manifest for this application does not have a signature. Signature validation will be ignored.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
    * [5/2/2012 9:54:41 AM] : Activation of C:\Users\desktop\Desktop\PMICMS\PMICMS\Publish\PMICMS.application has started.
    * [5/2/2012 9:54:41 AM] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
    * [5/2/2012 9:54:41 AM] : Installation of the application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
    Following errors were detected during this operation.
    * [5/2/2012 9:54:41 AM] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (HashValidation)
    - Application manifest has either a different computed hash than the one specified or no hash specified at all. 
    - Source: System.Deployment
    - Stack trace:
    at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadApplicationManifest(AssemblyManifest deploymentManifest, String targetDir, Uri deploymentUri, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, Uri& appSourceUri, String& appManifestPath)
    at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadApplicationManifest(AssemblyManifest deploymentManifest, String targetDir, Uri deploymentUri, Uri& appSourceUri, String& appManifestPath)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
    --- Inner Exception ---
    System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (HashValidation)
    - File, PMICMS.exe.manifest, has a different computed hash than specified in manifest.
    - Source: System.Deployment
    - Stack trace:
    at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentVerifier.VerifyFileHash(String filePath, Hash hash)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentVerifier.VerifyFileHash(String filePath, HashCollection hashCollection)
    at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadApplicationManifest(AssemblyManifest deploymentManifest, String targetDir, Uri deploymentUri, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, Uri& appSourceUri, String& appManifestPath)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
    No transaction information is available.

--
    01 May 2012 07:19 PM
    I would re-install Visual Studio.
    -----------
    Michael Washington
    http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com

--
    01 May 2012 07:27 PM
    Sir Michael

I will Re- Install Ligthswitch 2011?

--
    01 May 2012 07:32 PM
    Yes, that is the only thing I can think of.
    -----------
    Michael Washington
    http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com

--
    01 May 2012 07:39 PM
    Thank you Sir. Michael ..

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Latest Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch Forum Threads That Have Answers

Hi guys, Details: LightSwitch HTML Client, VS2013, update 2 I have price and discount fields. Each of them should be updated if the other one is changed. I am using the databind approach which results in an endless loop between the 2 databind functions. Do you have an elegant solution to this problem. A global flag seems to be one possible solution (although I am not able to make it work yet). Regards, Martin
    Read more...

I have a super-simple screen that has one entity an a grid (that used to work).  If I try to save, using the built-in button, I get: "An error occurred while updating the entries. See the inner exception for details." It only happens in my published Azure cloud service (not on my local machine).  I have not been able to figure out how to get the Inner Exception.  I enabled the "Enable Created/Modified Properties" and I think that it might have something to do with that.  I unchecked it and the problem still exists. I have not been able to get tracing to work (I have a separate question going on that issue) so I am trying to figure out how to get the actual error.  Any ideas on how to get the actual error would be appreciated. Thanks, Mark
    Read more...

Hi there! After closing the AddEditScreen dialog, how can I know which button was clicked? Best regards, Ciro
    Read more...

Hi there! How can I check if a collection has unsaved records? Best regards, Ciro
    Read more...

I am using VS 2013 lightswitch Update 3 and successfully connecting to Oracle  tables(via both managed and unmanaged ODP.NET) I can import them read them but all data is read only. When I make a form to edit or insert. All fields become disabled. My tables are very simple. They have an INTEGER primary key with Trigger/Sequence style auto increment. I am not sure if this is relevant but I noticed when importing these INTEGER columns, I see they are imported as "decimal" type since there is no column type in oracle that maps  to integer in the .Net world. Any help will be greatly appreciated
    Read more...

Microsoft Visual Studio is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation / LightSwitch is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation