Register   |  Login

Forum Notice

This Forum is ARCHIVE only
For LightSwitch questions,
please use the official forums at:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/lightswitch/threads

Forums

Could Not Find The Provider 'LightSwitchApplication' error
Last Post 10 Apr 2012 05:13 PM by dbdmora. 0 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

--
10 Apr 2012 05:13 PM

Hello all, I am trying to deploy this appliaction locally to my machine via a zip package. I have all the LS prerequisites installed as I used WMI installer 3.0. I have web deployment 1.1 and 2.0 installed as well. (I even uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled them again)

When I created my package for publishing, I checked the box that says "IIS server has the LS deployment prerequisites installed" because I am using form authentication and need to create the administrator user when I install the app to my IIS server.

Any ideas on how I can fix this issue? Do I need to uninstall IIS and start all over? If I uncheck the above box, it deploys fine but then I cannot access the app because there is no admin user created.

any help is really appreciated.

Thanks

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Latest Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch Forum Threads That Have Answers

hi all, I tried everything but I'm unable to set the cursor to blink in a autocompletebox things I've tried: - this.findcontrol("box").Focus(); - ControlAvailable => Cast to AutoCompleteBox => Set Focus of the control -  void Relation1_ControlAvailable(object sender, ControlAvailableEventArgs e) { AutoCompleteBox bd = (AutoCompleteBox)e.Control; bd.IsTabStop = false; Recursive(bd); bd.Focus(); //var i = VisualTreeHelper.GetChild(bd, 0); Recursive(bd); this.FindControl("Relation1").Focus(); } static object Recursive(DependencyObject value) { TextBox t = value as TextBox; if (t != null) { t.Text = "test"; t.SelectionStart = 0; t.SelectionLength = 2; return t; } return
    Read more...

I have a parent and child tables, the parent table is an employee record and the child table is a job record, so each employee can have multiple jobs.  I need to know by Job what the percent of the total that job was.  I'm not sure if I should use a computed column in LigthSwitch or a view in the database.  If I were to use a computed column what would the query look like? Employee, Job, Hours, Percent Employee1, Job1, 7, 7/10 Employee1, Job2, 3, 3/10 Thank you in advance.
    Read more...

Hi, I've a WebAPI controller with ServerApplicationContext, but when I set a filter return HTTP Error 500 because query throw nullreferenceexception. How can I bypass filter when query came from WebAPI?
    Read more...

Hi  I am trying to follow with Harold'stutorial in creating RIA service for my LS app; found here: http://hgminerva.wordpress.com/2012/06/21/how-to-create-a-vb-wcf-ria-services-for-microsoft-lightswitch-to-aggregate-or-join-tables-at-the-same-time-pass-a-parameter/ but unfortunately i can't find this "Domain Service Class" template in VS 2013 ultimate upt 2.  I tried using any class and adding the "Inherits DomainService" manually; but it gives me compile error and no Intellisense help is available if i do that manually.  Is there a way to install this template on my machine? where? or how to overcome this issue?  Thanks a million
    Read more...

I ask for your kind suggestions before going to mess up my dev box (Windows 8.1 pro X64), yesterday I tried but something failed so I ended up opting for system rollback to a previous restore point. So far I've always run my HTML apps by F5 and/or published on my internet shared hosting provider, without a hassle. I have SQL Server 2012 express already installed and running fine, VS2013 pro Update 3, IIS has never been installed before. Now I need to test locally some particular users authorizations so I'd like to follow this great Paul van Bladel post (Thanks Paul for sharing!) Long story short: I need IIS only for testing LS apps so installed WPI and choose LightSwitch in Visual Studio 2013 - Server Configuration with local SQL After, when tried to publish from (admin) VS received this error: Error
    Read more...

Microsoft Visual Studio is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation / LightSwitch is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation