Register   |  Login

Forum Notice

This Forum is ARCHIVE only
For LightSwitch questions,
please use the official forums at:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/lightswitch/threads

Forums

Could Not Find The Provider 'LightSwitchApplication' error
Last Post 10 Apr 2012 05:13 PM by dbdmora. 0 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

--
10 Apr 2012 05:13 PM

Hello all, I am trying to deploy this appliaction locally to my machine via a zip package. I have all the LS prerequisites installed as I used WMI installer 3.0. I have web deployment 1.1 and 2.0 installed as well. (I even uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled them again)

When I created my package for publishing, I checked the box that says "IIS server has the LS deployment prerequisites installed" because I am using form authentication and need to create the administrator user when I install the app to my IIS server.

Any ideas on how I can fix this issue? Do I need to uninstall IIS and start all over? If I uncheck the above box, it deploys fine but then I cannot access the app because there is no admin user created.

any help is really appreciated.

Thanks

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Latest Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch Forum Threads That Have Answers

Hi all! Long time no see.. I have some strange behavior in LS desktop app, well at least to me..  Lets say I have 3 tables:  - customers - categories - customers extended (for some settings) So "categories" are in one to many relationship with "customers" and "customers extended" is in one to zero or one with "customers".. I also have computed field "full name" in "customers extended" which method is simple: String.Format("{0} {1}", Me.Customer.Name, Me.Customer.Category.Name) In "customers" code behind I have method "Category_changed" which I use when user selects another category to set some defaults for specific category in "customers" table in example: Me.Customer.Discount = Me.Customer.Category.Discount Now whenever I open "Customers Extended list detail screen" it triggers "Category_changed" method from "customers" table and
    Read more...

Hi,  I've got an error when exporting a report from LS to Word. I have a table named (Products), with a field named TITLE i've created a word, with Table. I would like to export to these table, only the MAIN TITLE for only selected lines. I tested 3 differents metods, all with same result. first one: Dim resumen = From a In Me.RelaciónReferencias Where a.IncluirTituloEnResumen = True                Dim TablaResumen As New List(Of OfficeIntegration. Read more...

How does one completely uninstall a Lightswitch application? (not visual studio) As an example, if one changes the digital certificate, then Lightswitch cannot do the automatic update. Sometimes when you delete from Add / Remove Programs, the application does not completely uninstall. Any examples / instructions would be excellent. Thank you, Bill
    Read more...

Hopefully an easy one to answer - what's the recommended method for forcing upper case field entry in the HTML client? Thanks, Chris
    Read more...

Microsoft Visual Studio is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation / LightSwitch is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation