Register   |  Login

Forum Notice

This Forum is ARCHIVE only
For LightSwitch questions,
please use the official forums at:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/lightswitch/threads

Forums

Could Not Find The Provider 'LightSwitchApplication' error
Last Post 10 Apr 2012 06:13 PM by dbdmora. 0 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

--
10 Apr 2012 06:13 PM

Hello all, I am trying to deploy this appliaction locally to my machine via a zip package. I have all the LS prerequisites installed as I used WMI installer 3.0. I have web deployment 1.1 and 2.0 installed as well. (I even uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled them again)

When I created my package for publishing, I checked the box that says "IIS server has the LS deployment prerequisites installed" because I am using form authentication and need to create the administrator user when I install the app to my IIS server.

Any ideas on how I can fix this issue? Do I need to uninstall IIS and start all over? If I uncheck the above box, it deploys fine but then I cannot access the app because there is no admin user created.

any help is really appreciated.

Thanks

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Latest Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch Forum Threads That Have Answers

I created a browse screen to be used as a modal window for another screen.  In the modal screen there is a button to return to the orignal screen.  The button uses the showScreen method.  This seems to work if the modal screen is in full screen mode.  However, if "show as dialog" is selected for the modal screen, when you try to navigate back to the original screen, the modal doesn't close and the original screen is then displayed inside the modal while being greyed out on the outside of the modal (not good).  How do you close the dialog and return to the original screen?  There are no records being added or changed in the modal so it doesn't need to commitChanges; just navigate back to the previous screen and provide that screen's parameters.  I looked at the navigateBack() method but couldn't figure out how to add the screen's parameters with that.  TIA
    Read more...

querying on the client
    1/23/2015 11:27 AM
    I need to do some querying client side. As a simplified example, this works great: var filter = "(substringof('Futterkiste', CustomerName) eq true)"; msls.application.activeDataWorkspace.ApplicationData.Customers .filter(filter) .top(1) .execute() .then(function (results) { if (results.results.length >= 0) { screen.prpCustomer = results.results[0]; } }, function (error) { alert(error); } ); However, if I already have the customer data loaded (or at least available as a local screen query), how can I filter and use that collection?  This produces Error: Object doesn't support property or method 'filter'. var filter = "(substringof('Futterkiste', CustomerName) eq true)"; screen.getCustomers() .filter(filter) // filter not supported .top(1) .execute() // is this necessary with
    Read more...

"Common Screen Set" is missing
    1/23/2015 7:14 AM
    I've installed VS2013 - Update 4 and the Office Tools November Update. I'm starting a new project and I want to use the "Common Screen Set", but that Screen Type does not show up in my list of screen templates. This is a completely new installation with no projects (yet). Did I miss a step somewhere? Thanks!
    Read more...

Hi I've been struggling to get this to work and am at my wits end. Below is what I wound up with. Please assist (see comments with the code). Thanks, Mark. myapp.ViewStoreGroup.ScreenContent1_render = function (element, contentItem) { $(document).ready(function () { // This works! // var tooltip = '<div id="tooltip"><h2>The tooltip title</h2><p>The tooltip contents here</p></div>'; // element.innerHTML = tooltip; // I am trying to open the web page in an iFrame. // I followed the "fancybox" instructions and placed the .css and .js files in a folder in my HTML client // But the code below just shows a link to Google.com and on clicking opens Google. var tooltip = '<a href="http://www.google.com" class="iframe">Google</a>'; element.innerHTML = tooltip; $('.iframe').fancybox({ width : '85%',
    Read more...

Setup: 2 databases     lightswitch.applicationdata with table Customers     SQL.PlaceNamesData with tables Countries, States, Places and PostCodes AddCustomer screen is a New Data Screen. This screen has 3 autocomplete boxes to filter country, state, place. Postcodeis a one to one relationship with place. Issue: In the code provided I am trying to save the fields to the new customer record, however the selected country, state, place and postcode are not being saved with the company name and other details. Instead each of the foreign keys from the PlaceNamesData DB are saving in ascending order based on the postcodenum field. I have been trying different methods for a few days now. How do I save the filtered screen values to the foreign keys in the Customer record? Namespace LightSwitchApplication Public Class AddCustomer Private Sub AddCustomer_InitializeDataWorkspace(saveChangesTo As List(Of
    Read more...

Microsoft Visual Studio is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation / LightSwitch is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation