This Forum is ARCHIVE only
For LightSwitch questions,
please use the official forums at:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/lightswitch/threads

Publishing Options: Standalone?
Last Post 31 Dec 1899 04:00 PM by . 0 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

--
11 Aug 2013 07:29 AM
    (Using LightSwitch within VS2012)

tldr: I need a way to publish an app into a nice, neat, little ball to run happily on a standalone computer.

This may have been asked previously, and I've tried searching the forums and interwebs to no avail; but is there a simple way to publish the client and server/database as one entity to run on a separate machine elsewhere?

I've tried searching for this, but I may be phrasing it wrong, since all I get is the standard publishing methods from Microsoft, or suggestions to the same.  I have a target machine that is not connected to the internet, or internal LAN structure (of any kind), and will not, cannot, be connected either.  However, I still need to publish this application to it nevertheless.  When I run the publisher, I can see that there is a "Local" option; however, it still wants the database information from the development computer.  If I plug in all the fields, answer all the questions, and provide the needed prereq info, the installed client on the target machine still looks for the database elsewhere and will not save records.

I've seen recommendations on putting "./sqlexpress" (or something to that effect) in the database portion of the wizard; but I'm not getting it to work correctly, it could be that I'm doing it wrong.  Is there a way to make this happen?

Thanks.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Microsoft Visual Studio is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation / LightSwitch is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation