Register   |  Login

Forum Notice

This Forum is ARCHIVE only
For LightSwitch questions,
please use the official forums at:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/lightswitch/threads

Forums

Read Only Fields
Last Post 16 Aug 2011 05:05 AM by admin. 2 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

--
16 Aug 2011 04:49 AM
    Very New to Light Switch and would appreciate any assistance

Is it possible to have a field on a screen become read only dependant upon the value in certain fields, when its first loaded and during screen entry ?

What would be the best way to force several fields on a screen to be entered dependant on the value of another. i,e when a status set to Order, require order date, order number etc.

Regards

Andy

--
    16 Aug 2011 04:58 AM
    What would be the best way to force several fields on a screen to be entered dependant on the value of another. i,e when a status set to Order, require order date, order number etc.

There are no code samples I can think of, but I would use a Silverlight Custom control. Some like to use FindControl in the LightSwitch page code behind to attach events to controls, but I think that you can end up with a lot of hard to decipher 'spaghetti code' (however it will also work).
    -----------
    Michael Washington
    http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com

--
    16 Aug 2011 05:05 AM
    I just saw this thread that may help:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Fo...cf97cd2169
    -----------
    Michael Washington
    http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Latest Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch Forum Threads That Have Answers

Week No. By Date
    5/28/2015 8:06 AM
    Hi guys, A Simple question. How to find the Week No. of TODAY  and By a given Date of the year. In a Preprocess Query, Light Switch - VB Param Singh
    Read more...

Hi, I need to get table property attribute "DisplayName" from model. I used Justin Anderson tip to get the list of entity types without using a data workspace for entities and properties IEntityType entityType = this.Application.Details.GetModel().GlobalItems.OfType<IEntityType>().Single(e => e.Name.Equals(entityName, StringComparison.Ordinal)); IEntityPropertyDefinition entityProperty = entityType.Properties.Single(p => p.Name.Equals(propertyName, StringComparison.Ordinal)); and it works great! But how can I get entity property attribute like "DisplayName" value? I used Microsoft.LightSwitch.Model.IAttribute attribute = entityProperty.Attributes.Single(a => a.Class.Name == "DisplayName") it fails :(
    Read more...

Hello everyone,  I am doing a practical semester right now and got a task(with Light Switch), where I am kinda stuck right now. I never worked with Light Switch before, but i read myself into it. I am not a native speaker so excuse some mistakes, I try my best to make my question as clear as possible. My boss showed me a simple example in MS Project which he created while explaining. Image:  htt p://imgur.com/1WqgcUR I just rebuild it in Excel. Sadly I am not allowed to post a picture directly. So basically (as far as i understood him, because sadly, he is sick this week), I have to store everything in Table 1 , and connect them in Table 2 together. In this example: Dell Latitude Exx is available at Amazon and Home Depot.  In Table 2 : Column 1 = Shop, Column 2 = product.      // forgot to name them in the picture I just hope i understood it right and could somehow explain it. Now my problem: building a table-construct like above is
    Read more...

Hi, I have a Lightswitch HTML client that is deployed using Forms Authentication, there is also a web based Silverlight AdminClient that is used to administer/create users and roles.  Although the underlying ASP.NET Membership framework supports email addresses for users, the Silverlight admin screens don't? They just provide the Name and FullName fields. Any reason for this? As it would be very useful to be able to store the email address along with the username! Does anyone have a work around? Regards Simon
    Read more...

Hi, I need to lookup entity properties Name and DisplayName. Something like Ticket ticket = new Ticket(); var _list = new List<LookupTicketField>(); foreach (var prop in ticket.Details.Properties.All().OfType<Microsoft.LightSwitch.Details.IEntityStorageProperty>()) { var field = new LookupTicketField(); field.Value = prop.Name; field.DisplayName = prop.DisplayName; _list.Add(field); } Can I get this from entity model without creating an instance of an entity? Thanks
    Read more...

Microsoft Visual Studio is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation / LightSwitch is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation