Register   |  Login

Forum Notice

This Forum is ARCHIVE only
For LightSwitch questions,
please use the official forums at:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/lightswitch/threads

Forums

Read Only Fields
Last Post 16 Aug 2011 05:05 AM by admin. 2 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

--
16 Aug 2011 04:49 AM
    Very New to Light Switch and would appreciate any assistance

Is it possible to have a field on a screen become read only dependant upon the value in certain fields, when its first loaded and during screen entry ?

What would be the best way to force several fields on a screen to be entered dependant on the value of another. i,e when a status set to Order, require order date, order number etc.

Regards

Andy

--
    16 Aug 2011 04:58 AM
    What would be the best way to force several fields on a screen to be entered dependant on the value of another. i,e when a status set to Order, require order date, order number etc.

There are no code samples I can think of, but I would use a Silverlight Custom control. Some like to use FindControl in the LightSwitch page code behind to attach events to controls, but I think that you can end up with a lot of hard to decipher 'spaghetti code' (however it will also work).
    -----------
    Michael Washington
    http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com

--
    16 Aug 2011 05:05 AM
    I just saw this thread that may help:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Fo...cf97cd2169
    -----------
    Michael Washington
    http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Latest Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch Forum Threads That Have Answers

Hi everybody, I'm trying to add new features to a big project, wich has two clients: Silverlight Out of the Browser (SL OOB) and the HTML. One of the features requires an extension, a Web API Controller, and as usual associated with it, a Global.asax class. After doing so, when launching the app with the Desktop as default client, it displays plain white, as in... completely blank, without even the menu. Trace does not show any errors or clues. So I went back to the "before" version and added one thing at a time, without any references to the extension, Web API or the Global class. First, added the Web API (5.2.3), started the app with no problems. Then, the Global.asax, with a default line in it: Imports System.Web.SessionState Imports System Imports System.Web Imports System.Web.Http Public Class Global_asax Inherits System.Web.HttpApplication Sub Application_Start(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs) ' Fires when
    Read more...

Hey All, New to coding and trying to build an app in Lightswitch 2011. I have everything laid out in the main entry screen which has code to also be the edit screen. My problem is that the combo boxes (and some text boxes that are custom controls) will not populate when I call a record to edit. So when I enter a record everything saves to the database correctly (MS SQL), but when I recall a record the custom combo boxes and custom text fields are blank. I have scoured the internet trying to find the answer, but I can't. Anyone have some helpful suggestions?
    Read more...

Alignment
    5/13/2016 1:03 PM
    Text appears centered on clip board but flush left on line
    Read more...

Hi, Are there any recommendations about what files/folders should be excluded from source control when using, for example, TFS? I know VS does this automatically, but in my experience I had trouble when synching office and work machines, with _Pvt_Extensions. Also I read in a post about GeneratedArtifacts: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/fe507bff-f43c-4a3c-970a-7e027d855148/lightswitch-project-builds-failed?forum=lightswitch I'm interested in knowing if someone has experience regarding this, even better when developers have IDEs with different languages, or any other consideration you think might be useful. Thank you! Nicolás Lope de Barrios If you found this post helpful, please "Vote as Helpful". If it actually answered your question, please remember to "Mark as Answer". This will help other people find answers to their problems more quickly.
    Read more...

Create a "request access" page
    5/12/2016 7:25 AM
    I have been tasked to create a screen in LightSwitch 2015 (VB.net). The purpose: if a logged-in user is not in the user table, they are redirected to a "how to request access" screen. This would be a default.htm to cover all pages. Any guidance or reference suggestion would be appreciated.
    Read more...

Microsoft Visual Studio is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation / LightSwitch is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation