Register   |  Login

Forum Notice

This Forum is ARCHIVE only
For LightSwitch questions,
please use the official forums at:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/lightswitch/threads

Forums

Read Only Fields
Last Post 16 Aug 2011 05:05 AM by admin. 2 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

--
16 Aug 2011 04:49 AM
    Very New to Light Switch and would appreciate any assistance

Is it possible to have a field on a screen become read only dependant upon the value in certain fields, when its first loaded and during screen entry ?

What would be the best way to force several fields on a screen to be entered dependant on the value of another. i,e when a status set to Order, require order date, order number etc.

Regards

Andy

--
    16 Aug 2011 04:58 AM
    What would be the best way to force several fields on a screen to be entered dependant on the value of another. i,e when a status set to Order, require order date, order number etc.

There are no code samples I can think of, but I would use a Silverlight Custom control. Some like to use FindControl in the LightSwitch page code behind to attach events to controls, but I think that you can end up with a lot of hard to decipher 'spaghetti code' (however it will also work).
    -----------
    Michael Washington
    http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com

--
    16 Aug 2011 05:05 AM
    I just saw this thread that may help:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Fo...cf97cd2169
    -----------
    Michael Washington
    http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Latest Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch Forum Threads That Have Answers

Hi all, I have tried to use the itgLsEnhancedTable with one database table (filter on query), one screen and two tabs, but I am struggling to get the filter working. I am able to filter the data, but when I hit the "Clear All" button, the result will none, not even "No Items" will appear. I am using the suggested code below to save the old query and filter (replaced the old one)   query = options.contentItem.details._entry.simpleDescriptor.createQuery; //only override once – have we done this already? if (!query.old) { //save the old query options.contentItem.details._entry.simpleDescriptor.createQuery.old = query; //override the query options.contentItem.details._entry.simpleDescriptor.createQuery = function () { return query.old.apply(this, arguments) .filter(properties.filterString)
    Read more...

Hi, I need help with getting the row number out of collection. My example is as follows: I have one master record with assigned 6 details. For example if i have 6 details (boxes), i want to select one box (lets say third box) and print a sticker for box 3/6. How can i get number which row is selected?
    Read more...

I am coming across a problem that in my mind should be easy, but is not going like I want. I have a many to many relationship set up between Customers and Hardwares tables --Many customers can have many hardwares. I have a query set up with a parameter called CustomerId that filters the Hardwares collection by Customer by looking at the middle table CustomerHardwaresCollection. This query runs like I want. query = From h In query From ch In h.CustomersHardwaresCollection Where ch.Customer.Id = CustomerId.Value Select h My problem occurs when I attempt to do the opposite. I want to filter the hardwares list excluding any hardwares already matched to a customer. 
    query = From h In query
            From ch In h.CustomersHardwaresCollection
            Where ch.Customer.Id <> CustomerId.Value
            Select h
    So I try to query where the values are not equal, but I wind up with an empty query when I know there is data there
    Read more...

HI all, Please help, as my project is now publishing forever and I don't know the reason I use Visual Studio 2013 with a linked datasource to SQL 2012 Express. Please help Ehab, Egy.
    Read more...

Hi  I have 2 entities and want to count related (field) in another table and displaying it in another entity screen.  example:  Entity: Student (name, age, class)  : class is a relation based on 2nd entity.  Entity: Class(title, cost, max_capacity) Screen: Class : title   - Cost - Max_Capacity - [count how many students are already registered in this class (basically sum of all students who's class id = current class) I hope it's clear what i am trying to do. Can any one help? suggested links? ideas?  Thanks a million
    Read more...

Microsoft Visual Studio is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation / LightSwitch is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation