Register   |  Login

Forum Notice

This Forum is ARCHIVE only
For LightSwitch questions,
please use the official forums at:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/lightswitch/threads

Forums

Read Only Fields
Last Post 16 Aug 2011 05:05 AM by admin. 2 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

--
16 Aug 2011 04:49 AM
    Very New to Light Switch and would appreciate any assistance

Is it possible to have a field on a screen become read only dependant upon the value in certain fields, when its first loaded and during screen entry ?

What would be the best way to force several fields on a screen to be entered dependant on the value of another. i,e when a status set to Order, require order date, order number etc.

Regards

Andy

--
    16 Aug 2011 04:58 AM
    What would be the best way to force several fields on a screen to be entered dependant on the value of another. i,e when a status set to Order, require order date, order number etc.

There are no code samples I can think of, but I would use a Silverlight Custom control. Some like to use FindControl in the LightSwitch page code behind to attach events to controls, but I think that you can end up with a lot of hard to decipher 'spaghetti code' (however it will also work).
    -----------
    Michael Washington
    http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com

--
    16 Aug 2011 05:05 AM
    I just saw this thread that may help:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Fo...cf97cd2169
    -----------
    Michael Washington
    http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Latest Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch Forum Threads That Have Answers

When querying data with ServerApplicationContext, the examples I have seen do something like this: var query = ctx.DataWorkspace.DataSource.Table.GetQuery().Execute(); My problem is that this returns ALL of the entities as IEnumerable.  Is it possible to change this to IQueryable<T> or at least apply a Where clause before executing the query?
    Read more...

I'm using an existing sql server database.  When I publish the application the schema is updated with the aspnet tables,  views and stored procedures but the tables are not populated.  Is there a work around to populate the tables so the Windows Authentication will work? 
    Read more...

I've just discovered a strange problem and I'm looking for ideas on how to identify the root cause and of course fix it. When I click on a button in the HTMLclient to add a new "Job" record the screen opens fine. As soon as I click the + button to add a child record the browser gives me a spinning wheel which never comes back. The table this links to has 4 computed properties in it and I've added the C# code snippets and JS blocks (in their respective places) and had this working. Observations: [1] Editing an existing record works fine; [2] Adding data through any other screen works as expected; [3] I published the application to Azure and the problem is repeatable there on both my Desktop Chrome test and on my Android KitKat Chrome client; I deleted all my custom code blocks associated with this screen/Table (C# / JavaScript) in case I had something stuck in a loop. I created a new Add/Edit screen to test and added a new button off the details screen. I made no
    Read more...

This is one of those questions where I think I've seen it demonstrated in various articles, possibly with other MSFT technologies, but am not sure how to actually do it myself.  Is it possible to set breakpoints in my Entity or other C# code and hit them when running a LS 2013 HTML app in Azure?
    Read more...

Hi, I want to use a new LightSwitch feature (dynamic manipulate connection strings) available in VS 2013 update 2. I have this version of Visual Studio installed. When I craete a new LS project it sets the LightSwitchVersion property in the project file to v4.5 and this feature is available. In the LS project file of my existing LS project this version is set to v4.0 and I can't use that feature. If I set the version to v4.5 the project gets corrupted and won't build. I have done some detailed comparison of the project files and copied some other tags as well but can't create a consistent project. Is there a way to upgrade projects to the latest version 4.5 of LS? Is there a recipe to do this? Any help will be much appreciated.  Bert
    Read more...

Microsoft Visual Studio is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation / LightSwitch is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation