Register   |  Login

Forum Notice

This Forum is ARCHIVE only
For LightSwitch questions,
please use the official forums at:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/lightswitch/threads

Forums

Read Only Fields
Last Post 16 Aug 2011 05:05 AM by admin. 2 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

--
16 Aug 2011 04:49 AM
    Very New to Light Switch and would appreciate any assistance

Is it possible to have a field on a screen become read only dependant upon the value in certain fields, when its first loaded and during screen entry ?

What would be the best way to force several fields on a screen to be entered dependant on the value of another. i,e when a status set to Order, require order date, order number etc.

Regards

Andy

--
    16 Aug 2011 04:58 AM
    What would be the best way to force several fields on a screen to be entered dependant on the value of another. i,e when a status set to Order, require order date, order number etc.

There are no code samples I can think of, but I would use a Silverlight Custom control. Some like to use FindControl in the LightSwitch page code behind to attach events to controls, but I think that you can end up with a lot of hard to decipher 'spaghetti code' (however it will also work).
    -----------
    Michael Washington
    http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com

--
    16 Aug 2011 05:05 AM
    I just saw this thread that may help:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Fo...cf97cd2169
    -----------
    Michael Washington
    http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Latest Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch Forum Threads That Have Answers

Hi all! Long time no see.. I have some strange behavior in LS desktop app, well at least to me..  Lets say I have 3 tables:  - customers - categories - customers extended (for some settings) So "categories" are in one to many relationship with "customers" and "customers extended" is in one to zero or one with "customers".. I also have computed field "full name" in "customers extended" which method is simple: String.Format("{0} {1}", Me.Customer.Name, Me.Customer.Category.Name) In "customers" code behind I have method "Category_changed" which I use when user selects another category to set some defaults for specific category in "customers" table in example: Me.Customer.Discount = Me.Customer.Category.Discount Now whenever I open "Customers Extended list detail screen" it triggers "Category_changed" method from "customers" table and
    Read more...

Hi,  I've got an error when exporting a report from LS to Word. I have a table named (Products), with a field named TITLE i've created a word, with Table. I would like to export to these table, only the MAIN TITLE for only selected lines. I tested 3 differents metods, all with same result. first one: Dim resumen = From a In Me.RelaciónReferencias Where a.IncluirTituloEnResumen = True                Dim TablaResumen As New List(Of OfficeIntegration. Read more...

How does one completely uninstall a Lightswitch application? (not visual studio) As an example, if one changes the digital certificate, then Lightswitch cannot do the automatic update. Sometimes when you delete from Add / Remove Programs, the application does not completely uninstall. Any examples / instructions would be excellent. Thank you, Bill
    Read more...

Hopefully an easy one to answer - what's the recommended method for forcing upper case field entry in the HTML client? Thanks, Chris
    Read more...

Microsoft Visual Studio is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation / LightSwitch is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation