Register   |  Login

Forum Notice

This Forum is ARCHIVE only
For LightSwitch questions,
please use the official forums at:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/lightswitch/threads

Forums

Read Only Fields
Last Post 16 Aug 2011 05:05 AM by admin. 2 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

--
16 Aug 2011 04:49 AM
    Very New to Light Switch and would appreciate any assistance

Is it possible to have a field on a screen become read only dependant upon the value in certain fields, when its first loaded and during screen entry ?

What would be the best way to force several fields on a screen to be entered dependant on the value of another. i,e when a status set to Order, require order date, order number etc.

Regards

Andy

--
    16 Aug 2011 04:58 AM
    What would be the best way to force several fields on a screen to be entered dependant on the value of another. i,e when a status set to Order, require order date, order number etc.

There are no code samples I can think of, but I would use a Silverlight Custom control. Some like to use FindControl in the LightSwitch page code behind to attach events to controls, but I think that you can end up with a lot of hard to decipher 'spaghetti code' (however it will also work).
    -----------
    Michael Washington
    http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com

--
    16 Aug 2011 05:05 AM
    I just saw this thread that may help:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Fo...cf97cd2169
    -----------
    Michael Washington
    http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Latest Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch Forum Threads That Have Answers

already an open datareader
    4/16/2015 7:57 AM
    I get this error in Azure but not on my dev computer: there is already an open datareader associated with this command. When debugging Azure the error happens in a WCF RIA projet at this line (in a recursive method): if (!channel.ChannelCollection.IsLoaded) channel.ChannelCollection.Load(); Have you an idea to resolve this exception? Thanks Yves Pflieger
    Read more...

I think this has been asked before, but darn I can't find it. I working with VS2013 on a Lightswitch desktop app. If I add a row to a SQL Server table via Lightswitch and the table has an Identity column, how do I find the value of the Identity column for the row I just added? I want to both tell it to the user and be able to retrieve the row later. Thanks in advance.
    Read more...

C# class problem
    4/15/2015 7:04 AM
    Hello everybody, I'm trying to accomplish 2 things with the below snippet of code (from ApplicationDataService.lsml.cs in the server project of my Lightswitch 2013 solution) partial void Query1_PreprocessQuery(ref IQueryable<CandidateBasic> query) { query = from item in query where item.CreatedBy == this.Application.User.Name select item; } partial void CandidateBasics_Validate(CandidateBasic entity, EntitySetValidationResultsBuilder results) { var newcandidateCount = this.DataWorkspace.ApplicationData.Details.GetChanges().AddedEntities.OfType<CandidateBasic>().Count(); var databasecandidateCount = this.CandidateBasics.GetQuery().Execute().Count(); const int maxcandidateCount = 1; if (newcandidateCount + databasecandidateCount > maxcandidateCount) { results.AddEntityError("Error: you are only allowed to have one
    Read more...

I have a chart built on data grid on a query screen. Chart worked fine. But I noticed if I have more than one page data the chartp only present First page Data. so if I remove "Page Support" the chart will contain all of the data but all the data will be  displayed on one page which is too much. Is there anyway auto separate data into multiple page but chart will show full data on first page.  Thanks.
    Read more...

Hi Guys, im trying to enable the users the ability to edit multiple lines within a table. Theirs never much information in this here, a maximum of 8 rows to be precise in my case. I've implemented the feature of adding the records in dynamically at the press of a button from this link: http://lightswitchhelpwebsite.com/Blog/tabid/61/EntryId/1195/Dynamically-Creating-Records-In-The-LightSwitch-HTML-Client.aspx  although this is very useful, now enabling the user to be able to edit this information on one screen would make it perfect, however i have these issues: The table view cells can be changed to textboxes, details picker etc... however the ability to tab through this table does not work so it means double clicking on each cell which is to time consuming.the grid view and list view both allow the tab key to be used when the cells are set as textboxes, however when typing into these text boxes, the space key is not allowed so it generates one continuous long
    Read more...

Microsoft Visual Studio is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation / LightSwitch is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation