You are here:   Forum
Register   |  Login


Forum Notice

This Forum is ARCHIVE only
For LightSwitch questions,
please use the official forums at:


Member Directory
Name Location Website Joined Last Active Posts
natewaldrop 05 Jan 2012 01:22 PM 03 Mar 2012 01:38 AM
Nathan 08 Dec 2011 07:40 PM 15 Dec 2011 01:31 PM 1
Nathan 15 Dec 2011 08:25 PM 22 Dec 2011 04:41 PM
Nathan 15 Apr 2014 03:05 AM 15 Apr 2014 12:12 PM
natovich 15 Sep 2011 01:34 PM 15 Sep 2011 01:35 PM
naty 19 Jun 2011 12:05 PM 26 Jun 2011 11:37 AM 3
Naum 08 Feb 2012 06:38 AM 22 Feb 2012 03:54 AM
Naustradamus 13 Feb 2014 04:05 PM 14 Feb 2014 12:04 AM
Naveen 17 Jun 2014 02:17 PM 18 Jun 2014 01:33 AM
Naveen 08 Jul 2014 02:11 PM 09 Jul 2014 03:54 PM
naveen 20 Jul 2014 12:40 PM 21 Jul 2014 12:02 PM
Naveen Kushwaha 26 Dec 2013 12:36 AM 26 Dec 2013 03:03 AM
Navneet 14 May 2012 04:37 PM 04 Jun 2012 11:17 AM
NAVNEET KAKKAR 11 Sep 2011 12:57 AM 11 Sep 2011 01:01 AM
naylynn 17 Apr 2014 02:57 PM 28 Apr 2014 02:50 AM
nayman 25 Feb 2014 08:49 AM 25 Feb 2014 02:09 PM
Nazdene 20 May 2014 07:10 AM 20 May 2014 03:51 PM
Page 3 of 16 << < 12345 > >>

Latest Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch Forum Threads That Have Answers

HTML Grid Row Color
12/16/2014 11:28 AM
Using the HTML table, I'm trying to apply a background color to certain rows based on a value in one of the columns.  I'm using Rohit Agrawal's approach in his blog post, Spice Up Your HTML Client UI With Code.   Basically I'm setting the css background attribute for the row element to the desired color.  The problem I am having is that there is a default alternating row color  being applied of a very light grey.  That is overriding the red color I am trying to set.  In the screen shot below, the first two rows should be colored.  The second row is fine, because it normally does not have a background color due to an alternating row.  The first row, however, is not being colored as desired.  The alternating light grey color is overriding the color I am setting.  Does anyone have any help or insight into this issue?   Thank you, Binu Agrawal 

Hi, The LS team stopped short of enabling runtime dynamic OData connections, so I thought I'd take a stab at it.  Turns out we can change the Odata Uri at runtime using an event handler for BuildingRequest method of the DataServiceContext.  The following code works to change the Uri at runtime.  Imports System.Data.Services.Client Imports LightSwitchApplication Namespace ApplicationData.ApplicationDataService Partial Public Class ApplicationData Inherits Global.System.Data.Services.Client.DataServiceContext Private Sub OnContextCreated() AddHandler Me.BuildingRequest, AddressOf OnBuildingRequest AddHandler Me.SendingRequest2, AddressOf OnSendingRequest2 End Sub Private Sub OnBuildingRequest(sender As Object, buildingRequestEventArgs As BuildingRequestEventArgs) Dim stUri As String = buildingRequestEventArgs.RequestUri.ToString stUri = Replace(stUri,

Angularjs in Lightswitch HTML
12/13/2014 5:59 PM
I've tried to implement Jan Van Bladels article and unlike other articles I have seen this one doesn't seem to involve mvc and app_start and so on, everything is done client side? I am able to access the index.html file at http://localhost:somenumber/HTMLClient/ng-app/index.html If I click the HTML client, I am redirected to the LS Browse screen I set up. There I have one post that I made in the LS client. However I can't seem to get this to show in the custom index.html file? If I click Add, nothing happens no modal window sliding down(guess I must make some .html file for this?), but the save button turns red, if i click this I get an error message saying "An error occured. Cannot read property 'extend' of undefined" However it is saved to the db, but as a blank post. I have uploaded the project to OneDrive If anyone please could take a look at

When I link a SharePoint Document Library (on Office 365 / SharePoint Online dev site, same host web as Cloud Business App), I receive the error "Error retrieving document library information" when I try to add a document while running the app in debug mode (comes up as an ajax dialog while I'm in the app). I see the Add Documents button, and when I click it, I get the Word / Excel / PowerPoint / Upload flyout menu, but receive the other error after awhile (30 or more seconds later) when I click one of those four options. Has anyone else seen this before? I  have verified my permissions to the document library. The connections seem to be set up fine, and the GUID column in the source (SQL Azure DB) and the document library (external) are properly related (one SQL entry-to-many Documents). The GUID column in the parent data source is properly populated and displayed.

Hi I am not able to deploy LightSwitch Cloud Bussiness App to Azure. It gives me the error: An exception occurred when deploying the database for the application. An error occurred during deployment plan generation. Deployment cannot continue. I have tried deploying for two different project as this thread says, but no luck. I have tried creating a new azure website and deploying my app there, but still the error is same. Help Please. Regards, Nirav Nirav Maisuriya SharePoint Developer Evonious Technologies

Microsoft Visual Studio is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation / LightSwitch is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation