Register   |  Login

Forum Notice

This Forum is ARCHIVE only
For LightSwitch questions,
please use the official forums at:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/lightswitch/threads

Forums

change menu group icons
Last Post 28 May 2012 05:54 AM by admin. 1 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

--
28 May 2012 02:37 AM
    Hi
    can i change the icon of the groups in the navigation bar?
    it's regulary folder icon
    thanks

--
    28 May 2012 05:54 AM
    See the DELORDSON Tree View Shell:

http://lightswitchhelpwebsite.com/M...Shell.aspx
    -----------
    Michael Washington
    http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Latest Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch Forum Threads That Have Answers

List in List
    3/4/2015 2:23 AM
    Lightswitch HTML: I display a master list and would like to display an embedded second minor list that depends on the item of the master list. I can only do a binding with the "selectedItem" of the master list but I do not want to be obligated to click (select) manually an item on the master list to be able to show the second list. It is the famous question of being able to display a kind of tree list. Is there any hints about that? Yves Pflieger
    Read more...

Can I split Security Administration Permissions? I want to allow people to assign permissions to roles but not have access to delete users or change other users passwords. So can I write permissions for the roles and users screens separately? Ideally in the long run I would like there to be a way for Only one person ie me(or one Admin) to be able to delete users and a way for uses to register themselves without nessisarily having access to the permission to assign themselves Roles. Is any of this possible? Is there a way to maybe write my own security screens to overide Lightswitches build?
    Read more...

We're writing a 'case management' system that revolves around an event in the workplace-- slip and fall, burned your lip on hot coffee in the kitchen, etc. Related to a 'case' are people-- witnesses, investigators, etc.  As you might imagine in the database structure the 'case' is the head of the octopus, with witness and investigator tables linked to it in a 1-to-many fashion. Right now we're trying to craft a screen whereby we pass in a a 'Person' as a screen parameter-- and I don't mean the built-in 'Person' type from LS, but an entity of our own making.  We would like to see on the screen all cases involving that person, whether they're an investigator or witness or other.  (The witness and investigator and other entities have related links to the Person entity, so for Investigator #342 you know who that is.) On this screen we're working on, as one of the datasources, we have the Case table, and have selected the 'Edit Query' link to filter the listing of cases
    Read more...

I have a list detail screen with the "Show Add-new Row" checked for the list. When a new row is added I'd like to fill out some of the detail with default values. How do I do this? I don't see anything in the "Write Code" menu when I select the  list query. The closest would be "FeeManagementQuery_Changed" but that doesn't seem right.  Scott Mitchell
    Read more...

Okay, I have tried to do this numerous times, i.e. select custom control and then click edit render code. Create the render method not renaming it.  I get the below error so, I change it back to a textbox and everything works fine and I go through the above again and get the same error.  What am I doing wrong?  CustomControl error: Name_render() method not found Thanks, -ja
    Read more...

Microsoft Visual Studio is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation / LightSwitch is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation