Register   |  Login

Forum Notice

This Forum is ARCHIVE only
For LightSwitch questions,
please use the official forums at:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/lightswitch/threads

Forums

change menu group icons
Last Post 28 May 2012 04:54 AM by admin. 1 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

--
28 May 2012 01:37 AM
    Hi
    can i change the icon of the groups in the navigation bar?
    it's regulary folder icon
    thanks

--
    28 May 2012 04:54 AM
    See the DELORDSON Tree View Shell:

http://lightswitchhelpwebsite.com/M...Shell.aspx
    -----------
    Michael Washington
    http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Latest Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch Forum Threads That Have Answers

I am coming across a problem that in my mind should be easy, but is not going like I want. I have a many to many relationship set up between Customers and Hardwares tables --Many customers can have many hardwares. I have a query set up with a parameter called CustomerId that filters the Hardwares collection by Customer by looking at the middle table CustomerHardwaresCollection. This query runs like I want. query = From h In query From ch In h.CustomersHardwaresCollection Where ch.Customer.Id = CustomerId.Value Select h My problem occurs when I attempt to do the opposite. I want to filter the hardwares list excluding any hardwares already matched to a customer. 
    query = From h In query
            From ch In h.CustomersHardwaresCollection
            Where ch.Customer.Id <> CustomerId.Value
            Select h
    So I try to query where the values are not equal, but I wind up with an empty query when I know there is data there
    Read more...

HI all, Please help, as my project is now publishing forever and I don't know the reason I use Visual Studio 2013 with a linked datasource to SQL 2012 Express. Please help Ehab, Egy.
    Read more...

Hi  I have 2 entities and want to count related (field) in another table and displaying it in another entity screen.  example:  Entity: Student (name, age, class)  : class is a relation based on 2nd entity.  Entity: Class(title, cost, max_capacity) Screen: Class : title   - Cost - Max_Capacity - [count how many students are already registered in this class (basically sum of all students who's class id = current class) I hope it's clear what i am trying to do. Can any one help? suggested links? ideas?  Thanks a million
    Read more...

Hi, I haven't downloaded Visual Studio 2014 CTP yet and was wondering if "LightSwitch" is included and if it's a new version "2014" with some badly needed updates.  It seems like such a shame for Microsoft to give up such a great product, just when it was beginning to be an enterprise solution (yes, we currently have a large scale manufacturing project running well with an HTML mobile/web side).  After 30 years of programming, it was nice to see something as powerful and potentially comprehensive as LightSwitch to come about.  There seems nothing you can't do and such beautiful, rapid end results.  Yes, it still needs the "bells and whistles" but many extensions were coming about (unfortunately Microsoft seemed to have killed off many of these great developers) and doesn't seem to be supporting the product anymore.   Edward Piccoli
    Read more...

Hi Is there anybody that got SignalR + Desktop Client working with vb.net? There is no tutorials out there that is in vb.net I am trying to implement the pixata toast message with signalr but I am not succeeding. Any guidance, tutorial or links will be greatly appreciated.
    Read more...

Microsoft Visual Studio is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation / LightSwitch is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation