This Forum is ARCHIVE only
For LightSwitch questions,
please use the official forums at:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/lightswitch/threads

Outlook Shell
Last Post 06 Mar 2012 04:15 AM by Delordson. 1 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

--
05 Mar 2012 11:39 PM
    Does your Shell implement screen tabs the way that the Default LightSwitch Shell does?

By this I mean...

1. When a user opens a screen the screens tab is automatically activated if the screen is already open?

2. If a screen has been set to "Allow Multiple Instances" within the LightSwitch app is a new tab containing a new instance of the screen opened and automatically activated? (Like the default LightSwitch Shell)

3. If a user closes a screen via the containing tab and the screen is dirty (requires saving) is the tab automatically activated so the user can see the Save / Disregard / Cancel dialog box? (Like the default LightSwitch Shell)

I have now spent several days working on my own Shell and am trying to get the same functionality as the default Shell. Im almost there but am struggling with the functionality listed in line item 3 above. If this Shell has that functionality built in I will purchase the code just to see how this is done.

Regards,

Paul.

--
    06 Mar 2012 04:15 AM
    Hi Paul,

1. When a user opens a screen the screens tab is automatically activated if the screen is already open? - Yes

2. If a screen has been set to "Allow Multiple Instances" within the LightSwitch app is a new tab containing a new instance of the screen opened and automatically activated? (Like the default LightSwitch Shell) - No . The new tab is opened but no activated. Hopefully not too difficult to fix in my next upate

3. If a user closes a screen via the containing tab and the screen is dirty (requires saving) is the tab automatically activated so the user can see the Save / Disregard / Cancel dialog box? (Like the default LightSwitch Shell) - Yes I see from the LightSwitch forums that you've got this working now through the ScreenActiveNotification.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Microsoft Visual Studio is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation / LightSwitch is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation