This Forum is ARCHIVE only
For LightSwitch questions,
please use the official forums at:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/lightswitch/threads

Help with UI for Many to Many relationships
Last Post 29 Dec 2011 04:59 AM by Paully. 3 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

--
28 Dec 2011 11:11 PM
    I have been attempting to create a small CRM application for my company to be used internally. We are a training company for things like Microsoft, ECCouncil, Cisco, VMware, Citrix, and CompTIA certifications.
    I'm using VB in my LightSwitch app and need help designing and coding the workflow for several "many to one to many" relationships. I also have purchased the ComponentOne Scheduler  and OLAP for LightSwitch and depending on rate and time required my need some help implementing these controls as well.

Thanks
    Dave Barker
    Dave at TrainingConcepts.com 

--
    29 Dec 2011 01:22 AM
    Hi Dave,

What kind of help are you looking for? I have plenty of experience with the ComponentOne Scheduler and OLAP controls in LightSwitch.

Paul

--
    29 Dec 2011 04:56 AM
    Paul,

I was think along the lines of a remote connection to my development box and after some explanation on my part the person helping code the do the work. With me being able to ask question when they are done so I somewhat understand what is going on. I'm not a developer by trade more a system admin / DBA type plus most of this has been done in my "Spare time" so I don't have enough cycles to learn everything as I go. At this point I have a product that is usable but the workflow and UI are difficult for anyone else to understand because they don't know the underlying data model.
       For the ComponentOne stuff  I'm trying to figure out how to best use the schedule control with my current data model and figure out what if any changed need to be made to use the calendar.

I would need and hourly rate to take to my boss for approval.

Thanks for you time

P.S. I just realized that I have been reading your blog post  "Maintaining a Primary Child Entity" wonder if I have the skill necessary. I have the exact same requirement for address including the bill to part.

--
    29 Dec 2011 04:59 AM
    Hi Dave,

If you can send me a private email to Paul@selectsystems.ca, I can respond with the information you need.

Thanks a bunch,

Paul
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Microsoft Visual Studio is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation / LightSwitch is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation