This Forum is ARCHIVE only
For LightSwitch questions,
please use the official forums at:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/lightswitch/threads


LighSwitch HTML Client IE display issue
Last Post 20 Aug 2013 11:22 PM by Xaser512. 8 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
XaserUser is Offline
New Member
New Member
Send Private Message
Posts:7
Avatar

--
02 Aug 2013 11:23 PM
    Hello everybody!

    At the moment, I'm implementing a small LightSwicht-HTML App for browsing works numbers. All is working fine so far.

    But i noticed a display issue, witch seems only to occur using IE9 or IE 10 (e.g. FireFox does not have this problem).

    I have a browse screen, at the top a "AddNew"-Button, underneath four text-boxes for searching and under these the list of works numbers.

    When I perform a search (input text in one of the four text-boxes) and press "Enter" or "Tab", the search is executed and my desired results are displayed. But sometimes, some of the search textboxes are disappearing after searching!!!!

    This can be reproduced (and did not occur before I only used one text-box, but now I need four text-boxes for searching), but I don't know why they sometimes disappear (on mouse over they will appear again!).

    This is a bad UI bug and I cannot use the app or deploy it to my customer with this behavior.

    Is this a known problem?

    Please help, because with this bug it's unusable!!!

    Many regards and any reply will be appreciated!
    Michael WashingtonUser is Offline
    Send Private Message
    Posts:1313
    Avatar

    --
    02 Aug 2013 11:34 PM
    I would try placing the text boxes in a group. If the problem persists I would try giving that group a set height in pixels.
    -----------
    Michael Washington
    http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com
    XaserUser is Offline
    New Member
    New Member
    Send Private Message
    Posts:7
    Avatar

    --
    04 Aug 2013 03:20 AM
    Ok. This sounds good. At the moment I'm on holiday, I'll try out your suggestions in 2 weeks, when I'm back in the office. I will post again, if the problem still persists, after trying that out. Many thanks for your suggestions!!!
    XaserUser is Offline
    New Member
    New Member
    Send Private Message
    Posts:7
    Avatar

    --
    18 Aug 2013 10:46 PM
    The search textboxes are already in a group (columns layout). Also setting a total height for the group (either just "Min:" or "Min:" and "Max:") doesn't fix the problem anyway 

    Any other suggestions?
    XaserUser is Offline
    New Member
    New Member
    Send Private Message
    Posts:7
    Avatar

    --
    18 Aug 2013 10:48 PM
    Setting a total height in pixels is also not working.....
    Michael WashingtonUser is Offline
    Send Private Message
    Posts:1313
    Avatar

    --
    18 Aug 2013 11:34 PM
    Sorry I have nothing else.
    -----------
    Michael Washington
    http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com
    XaserUser is Offline
    New Member
    New Member
    Send Private Message
    Posts:7
    Avatar

    --
    20 Aug 2013 10:55 PM
    Hello Michael,

    if found out, what causes this problem, but I have no solution to fix it.
    The problem must be in CSS and/or JavaScript, when the data is refreshing.
    It turns out, that the labels of the list are cousing the problems with the textboxes.
    If I set all label positions to "none" in the list, the textboxes DO NOT DISAPPEAR.
    But if I enable at least on label in the list (position "top"), then the problem is there again.

    Any suggestions or workaround for that?
    Maybe I could make a static header for the list, but how?

    Thanks for any reply!
    Michael WashingtonUser is Offline
    Send Private Message
    Posts:1313
    Avatar

    --
    20 Aug 2013 10:58 PM
    Sorry I have nothing else.
    -----------
    Michael Washington
    http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com
    XaserUser is Offline
    New Member
    New Member
    Send Private Message
    Posts:7
    Avatar

    --
    20 Aug 2013 11:22 PM
    Hello Michael,

    it turns out, that this is only a IE9 problem. Actually, IE10 has no problems anymore.
    Maybe some recent update fixed the problem. So I will advice my customer to use IE10.

    Thanks for your replies.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.


    Microsoft Visual Studio is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation / LightSwitch is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation