You are here:   Forum
Register   |  Login

Forum Notice

This Forum is ARCHIVE only
For LightSwitch questions,
please use the official forums at:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/lightswitch/threads

Forums

An Encrypted String Data Type for Visual Studio LightSwitch (Joe Kunk)
Last Post 01 Jul 2011 05:16 PM by admin. 0 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

--
01 Jul 2011 05:16 PM
    In my recent article, "Is Visual Studio LightSwitch the New Access?", I looked at the suitability of LightSwitch as a replacement tool for departmental applications developed in Microsoft Access. LightSwitch is being positioned as a tool for the power user to develop Microsoft .NET Framework applications without having to face the substantial learning curve of the full .NET technology stack. I described each of the six extension types available to add the functionality to LightSwitch that an experienced .NET developer might want to use to make development in LightSwitch easier, or that a designer may want to use to build a visually appealing application.

Read More... ]
    -----------
    Michael Washington
    http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Latest Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch Forum Threads That Have Answers

Problem with LightSwitch C#
    4/25/2016 1:07 PM
    Hi,        I created a property calculated on the table X, but no appear in the screen of table X. Why?.  Thanks!... Regards,
    Read more...

Querys and Linq.
    4/25/2016 11:23 AM
                I have a Little problem. I dont know continue with my application  in LightSwitch. I have  three tables in my Data base:  Products, molds and variables. With your own fields I can calculating the costs.    Products -> weight (real)  Molds -> numbers of entries (int), mold's types (int)  Variables ->  material costs (real), workforce costs (real),  etc In This table  I need get  the last record only. Products  The relationship is: field matriz- Whit field: id.molds What i do?... Thanks Very very much.

partial void Query1_PreprocessQueryRead more...

I was wondering what everyone else is doing vis-a-vis their lightswitch projects when a team of devs is involved.  I personally use Git for my source control, and wondered what everyone is doing about the Entity Framework and Intrinsic database changes, how to reconcile them across a team? I'm used to Git in the context of 'pure' source control-- mostly source files, whether they be C# or javascript.  Maybe a json configuration file or two as well.  Git works great with that. With lightswitch it _appears_ to be a little tougher-- the screen designers are in XML format , and if I move a field around on  one and someone else adds a new field to that screen the reconciliation in a merge tool is a bit tricky.  Never mind the Entity Framework updates if I add a new field to the database and try to figure out what's going on when Joe has added another one independently. My point is, even a small change on a screen or relationship can trigger a number of
    Read more...

Hey guys, I'm creating an "simple" Silverlight application with 3 screens. Home, AddRecordToTable1, and AddRecordToTable2. I'm used to building the HTML clients, but need this one to be in Silverlight. It appears (aesthetically) like a DesktopClient screen. I've got the screens finished. On the home screen there two buttons, one to take you to each of the AddRecords screens. The method I'm currently using is the existing "AddNew" or "AddandEdit" methods for each of the tables. My problem is when you click on the button, it doesn't take you to that screen, it opens a pop up  to add the record, and displays all fields (which I don't want and had removed the unnecessary fields from the screens I created). How can I create a new method to open the screen, or edit the pop-up to not show the unnecessary fields? P.S.: I've searched around but couldn't find anything that appeared to help me, which is why I'm here.
    Read more...

Hello, If I have to manage 2 CRUD grids in the same screen of the same entity but with different filters, (so in the two grid i see different recordswhen saved), the collection is the same and when I add record the both grid refres the same selecteditem... Is it possible separate them? the same question is here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14077341/lightswitch-multiple-grids-on-same-page-from-the-same-entity-causing-issue-when thanks Luca
    Read more...

Microsoft Visual Studio is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation / LightSwitch is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation