You are here:   Forum
Register   |  Login

Forum Notice

This Forum is ARCHIVE only
For LightSwitch questions,
please use the official forums at:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/lightswitch/threads

Forums

An Encrypted String Data Type for Visual Studio LightSwitch (Joe Kunk)
Last Post 01 Jul 2011 05:16 PM by admin. 0 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

--
01 Jul 2011 05:16 PM
    In my recent article, "Is Visual Studio LightSwitch the New Access?", I looked at the suitability of LightSwitch as a replacement tool for departmental applications developed in Microsoft Access. LightSwitch is being positioned as a tool for the power user to develop Microsoft .NET Framework applications without having to face the substantial learning curve of the full .NET technology stack. I described each of the six extension types available to add the functionality to LightSwitch that an experienced .NET developer might want to use to make development in LightSwitch easier, or that a designer may want to use to build a visually appealing application.

Read More... ]
    -----------
    Michael Washington
    http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Latest Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch Forum Threads That Have Answers

hi all, I tried everything but I'm unable to set the cursor to blink in a autocompletebox things I've tried: - this.findcontrol("box").Focus(); - ControlAvailable => Cast to AutoCompleteBox => Set Focus of the control -  void Relation1_ControlAvailable(object sender, ControlAvailableEventArgs e) { AutoCompleteBox bd = (AutoCompleteBox)e.Control; bd.IsTabStop = false; Recursive(bd); bd.Focus(); //var i = VisualTreeHelper.GetChild(bd, 0); Recursive(bd); this.FindControl("Relation1").Focus(); } static object Recursive(DependencyObject value) { TextBox t = value as TextBox; if (t != null) { t.Text = "test"; t.SelectionStart = 0; t.SelectionLength = 2; return t; } return
    Read more...

I have a parent and child tables, the parent table is an employee record and the child table is a job record, so each employee can have multiple jobs.  I need to know by Job what the percent of the total that job was.  I'm not sure if I should use a computed column in LigthSwitch or a view in the database.  If I were to use a computed column what would the query look like? Employee, Job, Hours, Percent Employee1, Job1, 7, 7/10 Employee1, Job2, 3, 3/10 Thank you in advance.
    Read more...

Hi, I've a WebAPI controller with ServerApplicationContext, but when I set a filter return HTTP Error 500 because query throw nullreferenceexception. How can I bypass filter when query came from WebAPI?
    Read more...

Hi  I am trying to follow with Harold'stutorial in creating RIA service for my LS app; found here: http://hgminerva.wordpress.com/2012/06/21/how-to-create-a-vb-wcf-ria-services-for-microsoft-lightswitch-to-aggregate-or-join-tables-at-the-same-time-pass-a-parameter/ but unfortunately i can't find this "Domain Service Class" template in VS 2013 ultimate upt 2.  I tried using any class and adding the "Inherits DomainService" manually; but it gives me compile error and no Intellisense help is available if i do that manually.  Is there a way to install this template on my machine? where? or how to overcome this issue?  Thanks a million
    Read more...

I ask for your kind suggestions before going to mess up my dev box (Windows 8.1 pro X64), yesterday I tried but something failed so I ended up opting for system rollback to a previous restore point. So far I've always run my HTML apps by F5 and/or published on my internet shared hosting provider, without a hassle. I have SQL Server 2012 express already installed and running fine, VS2013 pro Update 3, IIS has never been installed before. Now I need to test locally some particular users authorizations so I'd like to follow this great Paul van Bladel post (Thanks Paul for sharing!) Long story short: I need IIS only for testing LS apps so installed WPI and choose LightSwitch in Visual Studio 2013 - Server Configuration with local SQL After, when tried to publish from (admin) VS received this error: Error
    Read more...

Microsoft Visual Studio is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation / LightSwitch is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation