You are here:   Forum
Register   |  Login

Forum Notice

This Forum is ARCHIVE only
For LightSwitch questions,
please use the official forums at:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/lightswitch/threads

Forums

An Encrypted String Data Type for Visual Studio LightSwitch (Joe Kunk)
Last Post 01 Jul 2011 05:16 PM by admin. 0 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

--
01 Jul 2011 05:16 PM
    In my recent article, "Is Visual Studio LightSwitch the New Access?", I looked at the suitability of LightSwitch as a replacement tool for departmental applications developed in Microsoft Access. LightSwitch is being positioned as a tool for the power user to develop Microsoft .NET Framework applications without having to face the substantial learning curve of the full .NET technology stack. I described each of the six extension types available to add the functionality to LightSwitch that an experienced .NET developer might want to use to make development in LightSwitch easier, or that a designer may want to use to build a visually appealing application.

Read More... ]
    -----------
    Michael Washington
    http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Latest Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch Forum Threads That Have Answers

Hi all, I have tried to use the itgLsEnhancedTable with one database table (filter on query), one screen and two tabs, but I am struggling to get the filter working. I am able to filter the data, but when I hit the "Clear All" button, the result will none, not even "No Items" will appear. I am using the suggested code below to save the old query and filter (replaced the old one)   query = options.contentItem.details._entry.simpleDescriptor.createQuery; //only override once – have we done this already? if (!query.old) { //save the old query options.contentItem.details._entry.simpleDescriptor.createQuery.old = query; //override the query options.contentItem.details._entry.simpleDescriptor.createQuery = function () { return query.old.apply(this, arguments) .filter(properties.filterString)
    Read more...

Hi, I need help with getting the row number out of collection. My example is as follows: I have one master record with assigned 6 details. For example if i have 6 details (boxes), i want to select one box (lets say third box) and print a sticker for box 3/6. How can i get number which row is selected?
    Read more...

I am coming across a problem that in my mind should be easy, but is not going like I want. I have a many to many relationship set up between Customers and Hardwares tables --Many customers can have many hardwares. I have a query set up with a parameter called CustomerId that filters the Hardwares collection by Customer by looking at the middle table CustomerHardwaresCollection. This query runs like I want. query = From h In query From ch In h.CustomersHardwaresCollection Where ch.Customer.Id = CustomerId.Value Select h My problem occurs when I attempt to do the opposite. I want to filter the hardwares list excluding any hardwares already matched to a customer. 
    query = From h In query
            From ch In h.CustomersHardwaresCollection
            Where ch.Customer.Id <> CustomerId.Value
            Select h
    So I try to query where the values are not equal, but I wind up with an empty query when I know there is data there
    Read more...

HI all, Please help, as my project is now publishing forever and I don't know the reason I use Visual Studio 2013 with a linked datasource to SQL 2012 Express. Please help Ehab, Egy.
    Read more...

Hi  I have 2 entities and want to count related (field) in another table and displaying it in another entity screen.  example:  Entity: Student (name, age, class)  : class is a relation based on 2nd entity.  Entity: Class(title, cost, max_capacity) Screen: Class : title   - Cost - Max_Capacity - [count how many students are already registered in this class (basically sum of all students who's class id = current class) I hope it's clear what i am trying to do. Can any one help? suggested links? ideas?  Thanks a million
    Read more...

Microsoft Visual Studio is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation / LightSwitch is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation