You are here:   Forum
Register   |  Login

Forum Notice

This Forum is ARCHIVE only
For LightSwitch questions,
please use the official forums at:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/lightswitch/threads

Forums

An Encrypted String Data Type for Visual Studio LightSwitch (Joe Kunk)
Last Post 01 Jul 2011 05:16 PM by admin. 0 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

--
01 Jul 2011 05:16 PM
    In my recent article, "Is Visual Studio LightSwitch the New Access?", I looked at the suitability of LightSwitch as a replacement tool for departmental applications developed in Microsoft Access. LightSwitch is being positioned as a tool for the power user to develop Microsoft .NET Framework applications without having to face the substantial learning curve of the full .NET technology stack. I described each of the six extension types available to add the functionality to LightSwitch that an experienced .NET developer might want to use to make development in LightSwitch easier, or that a designer may want to use to build a visually appealing application.

Read More... ]
    -----------
    Michael Washington
    http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Latest Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch Forum Threads That Have Answers

Hello, i have a very strange problem with two different CBA Sharepoint Apps: MyAppSalesMyAppAdmin When i debug the two applications everything is perfect. The problems appears when i try to publish the two App to O365 (to the same sharepoint site). I publish as Provider hosted in Azure. I followed Michael Washington steps. Deploy CBA to Office 365 But the strange thing is that when i publish to the App Catalog in the Office 365 Sharepoint Administration, they get the same Product ID and maybe for this reason i cannot install both together in the same Sharepoint Web Site.   Any thought? Thank you so much
    Read more...

I have a application manage customers, orders and products. I want to create a report these data on day, one month and one year. How can I implement create reports in LightSwitch application?
    Read more...

Listing in Lambda
    8/25/2015 6:41 AM
    I am listing ages of vehicle, but its displayed in one row here is my code: partial void Reports_InitializeDataWorkspace(List<IDataService> saveChangesTo){List<DateTime> yom = new List<DateTime>();string result = string.Empty; var provider = System.Globalization.CultureInfo.InvariantCulture;yom = InsuranceQuotations .Select(x => x.mYear ?? DateTime.ParseExact("00/00/0000", "MM/dd/yyyy", provider)) .ToList();DateTime today = DateTime.Today;yom.ForEach(x => {                result += today.Year - x.Year + ", ";            });AgeOfVehicles = Convert.ToString(result); }        How can i list as: "1970, 45" "1994, 21" "1978, 37" etc.
    Read more...

Hi Please assist and thanks in advance. Looking at https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/jj131261.aspx, I have followed this pattern many many times, but since my failed attempt at upgrading to VS 2015 and re-installing VS 2013, I now find that I don't even get to the wizard (see the 1st screen-shot showing the error). It appears that I have VS 2013 V4 Installed (see the 2nd screen-shot) but when I try to download the Azure SDK for VS 2013 (see 2rd screen-shot) I get an error that I don't have VS 2013 V4?? I must be missing something. Please assist and many thanks, Mark. Mark
    Read more...

Hello, I have a very simple problem. I would like to stop the Save operation at Screen Level, if related records are missing from another table. Below the way I implemented, but it always saves, maybe because the operation is async. myapp.AddEditAnagrafica.beforeApplyChanges = function (screen) {     if (screen.Name.NameID != null) {                          myapp.activeDataWorkspace.MIJData.NameEmployeesForName(screen.Name.NameID).execute().then(function (results) {             if (results.results.length > 0) {                 return true;             } else {                 alert("No Employee cannot save");                 return false;             };  
    Read more...

Microsoft Visual Studio is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation / LightSwitch is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation