You are here:   Forum
Register   |  Login

Forum Notice

This Forum is ARCHIVE only
For LightSwitch questions,
please use the official forums at:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/lightswitch/threads

Forums

An Encrypted String Data Type for Visual Studio LightSwitch (Joe Kunk)
Last Post 01 Jul 2011 05:16 PM by admin. 0 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

--
01 Jul 2011 05:16 PM
    In my recent article, "Is Visual Studio LightSwitch the New Access?", I looked at the suitability of LightSwitch as a replacement tool for departmental applications developed in Microsoft Access. LightSwitch is being positioned as a tool for the power user to develop Microsoft .NET Framework applications without having to face the substantial learning curve of the full .NET technology stack. I described each of the six extension types available to add the functionality to LightSwitch that an experienced .NET developer might want to use to make development in LightSwitch easier, or that a designer may want to use to build a visually appealing application.

Read More... ]
    -----------
    Michael Washington
    http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Latest Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch Forum Threads That Have Answers

Hi, I need to get table property attribute "DisplayName" from model. I used Justin Anderson tip to get the list of entity types without using a data workspace for entities and properties IEntityType entityType = this.Application.Details.GetModel().GlobalItems.OfType<IEntityType>().Single(e => e.Name.Equals(entityName, StringComparison.Ordinal)); IEntityPropertyDefinition entityProperty = entityType.Properties.Single(p => p.Name.Equals(propertyName, StringComparison.Ordinal)); and it works great! But how can I get entity property attribute like "DisplayName" value? I used Microsoft.LightSwitch.Model.IAttribute attribute = entityProperty.Attributes.Single(a => a.Class.Name == "DisplayName") it fails :(
    Read more...

Hi, I need to lookup entity properties Name and DisplayName. Something like Ticket ticket = new Ticket(); var _list = new List<LookupTicketField>(); foreach (var prop in ticket.Details.Properties.All().OfType<Microsoft.LightSwitch.Details.IEntityStorageProperty>()) { var field = new LookupTicketField(); field.Value = prop.Name; field.DisplayName = prop.DisplayName; _list.Add(field); } Can I get this from entity model without creating an instance of an entity? Thanks
    Read more...

I have a details screen that has 3 columns. shrinking the browser down to phone size does not cause the columns to reflow into one long column like I would expect.  The result is that the detail screen is unviewable at phone size, the three columns overrun each other and it looks terrible.  Anyone know about this?  The browse screens in the app resize and reflow as expected.  The issue is only in view details screens.
    Read more...

Hi guys, Trying to frame my question in another way. In Lightswitch VB. How to Insert  User ID logged ( Logged with User name) as Default Value everytime adding a new line on a Working Details Screen. Having a Week/Dates Table,  Employee Table, Projects Table, and Working Details Table. all linked. Would appreciate Any Help, Param singh
    Read more...

This is the second reference issue now. As if they are randomly disappearing or something.
    Read more...

Microsoft Visual Studio is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation / LightSwitch is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation