You are here:   Forum
Register   |  Login

Forum Notice

This Forum is ARCHIVE only
For LightSwitch questions,
please use the official forums at:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/lightswitch/threads

Forums

An Encrypted String Data Type for Visual Studio LightSwitch (Joe Kunk)
Last Post 01 Jul 2011 05:16 PM by admin. 0 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages

--
01 Jul 2011 05:16 PM
    In my recent article, "Is Visual Studio LightSwitch the New Access?", I looked at the suitability of LightSwitch as a replacement tool for departmental applications developed in Microsoft Access. LightSwitch is being positioned as a tool for the power user to develop Microsoft .NET Framework applications without having to face the substantial learning curve of the full .NET technology stack. I described each of the six extension types available to add the functionality to LightSwitch that an experienced .NET developer might want to use to make development in LightSwitch easier, or that a designer may want to use to build a visually appealing application.

Read More... ]
    -----------
    Michael Washington
    http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Latest Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch Forum Threads That Have Answers

Basically I have added overflow hidden to all elements from the tiles <li> down to the <span> that contains the text. I did this in the Chrome Dev tools to find the element which I needed to adjust the postRender for. However none of them seem to affect the flow.  Please help. Regards, Christopher Maduro
    Read more...

Ho do I get the app to wait for myapp.applyChanges(); to finish before it calls the function? myapp.OrderDetails.SaveOrder_execute = function (screen) { myapp.applyChanges(); Function something() { // Do something }; };
    Read more...

Hi, i have Three Databases (not Tables) from our ERP, first: Customer Information, Second other information not relevand for the problem planned here, and third our LS app (Technician App). In SL, client, i have a property changed on server, when CustomerID changes, gets name, address, etc... from Customer Database. Problem are this one not working on HTML client. How can i make it working? Can anyone put an example of code similar to explained here? Thanks!
    Read more...

Hi, I have a table which has lot of products and quantites withdrawn for each product ... I need to create a screen to show a total products' quantities for each month. please help. Ehab, Egy.
    Read more...

Hi, I have the vb.net code: Private Sub Query3_PreprocessQuery(ByRef query As System.Linq.IQueryable(Of LightSwitchApplication.Stock)) query = From n In query _ Group n By n.Order_Date.year, n.Order_Date.month, n.Product_Name Into g=Group _ Select year,month,Product_Name,Quantity = g.sum(Function(n) n.Quantity) End Sub My code causes the screen based on Query3 not to load any data... Please help me, I need to get each product quantites (grouped per month and per product name). Thanks is advance Ehab, Egy.
    Read more...

Microsoft Visual Studio is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation / LightSwitch is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation